8:30 – 17:00
Gladiator Wrestling, 2/7 Font Place, Embleton
The ‘Future Champions of the World’ 2019 competition is hosted by Gladiator Wrestling. Any individual that is a financial member of Wrestling Western Australia (WWA) and Wrestling Australia Inc. (WAI) can enter.
- Wrestlers (or an adult their behalf where the wrestler is a < 18 yrs old) must register online.
- Competition fees are set at $20 and will be at catch weight, in which normal weight categories have been waived and athletes are matched to athletes of their closest weight ranges.
- WWA Membership – All competitors must be 2019 WWA members (i.e., 2019 WWA Memberships fees paid for each Individual or Family memberships, and the WWA Membership Registered or Renewed online for review and approval by WWA Board). WAI membership is included in WWA membership fees.
- Annual WWA Membership fees: Individual Membership is $45, Family Membership is $80.
- Membership fees should be paid online.
- Weigh in time 8:30am to 9:15am
- Wrestling starts at 10:15am to 5pm
- Entry Fee is $20
- The competition will be conducted in accordance with United World Wrestling rules (https://unitedworldwrestling.org/)
- The tournament will be conducted under double-elimination line-bracketing rules where there are more than 5 competitors. This means that all those who lose one (1) match in the championship bracket (A) may be sent into the repêchage bracket (B) for a chance to compete for the bronze medal. Those who lose two (2) matches are eliminated from competition.
- All competitors are responsible for their own medical and physical fitness to wrestle and understand that the nature of the sport of wrestling involves some physical risks that can result in serious injury or death.
- All participants must adhere to the WWA Code of Conduct, Member Protection Policy and WAI Anti-Match Fixing Policy. The organizer has the right to disqualify competitors from competition in the event of rule or code of conduct breaches.
- The weight shown on the weighing scales at the time of the scheduled weigh in will be regarded as the official weight. Any weight check performed by an athlete prior to the official weigh in shall not be permitted to form the basis of a challenge to the official weigh in.
Ankle bracelets will that they don’t have to wear red or blue shirts or singlets.
Wrestling boots can be worn, but are not mandatory.
Below are the links for Wrestling WA Membership and Tournament Registration. For tournament registration, click on ‘upcoming events’ and follow the prompts.
For further information contact Erica May at email@example.com or on 0418 245 780.
Future Champions of the World
2/7 Font Place, Embleton WA 6062