10:30 – 17:00
Herb Graham Recreation Centre, 38 Ashbury Cres, Mirrabooka
The ‘George Samios Cup’ 2020 competition is an open event. Any individual that is a financial member of Wrestling Western Australia (WWA) and Wrestling Australia Inc. (WAI) can enter.
- Wrestlers (or an adult their behalf where the wrestler is a < 18 yrs old) must register online.
- Registration Deadline: Registration fee of $35 will be accepted until 5pm on Thursday 8 October 2020.
- Late Registration Deadline: Final Registration fee of $45 will be accepted until 11:59pm on Sunday 11 October 2020.
- No registrations will be accepted after this time. The event is organised and run by volunteers who operate in their free time to make it possible. Please respect this contribution by registering well before the cutoff time.
- Competition fees apply for each weight-age a wrestler wants to wrestle in (for example, if a wrestler wants to enter Junior and Senior, Freestyle and Greco-Roman competitions, then he/she must register and pay for each category – in this example, $35 X 4=$140).
- WWA Membership – All competitors must be 2020 WWA members (i.e., 2020 WWA Memberships fees paid for each Individual or Family memberships, and the WWA Membership Registered or Renewed online for review and approval by WWA Board). WAI membership is included in WWA membership fees.
- Annual WWA Membership fees: Individual Membership is $30, Family Membership is $60.
- Membership fees should be paid online.
- 12 midday
- All volunteers and tournament staff arrive.
- Tournament Check-in Registration Verification
- Medical Checks and Weight Verification commence 12:30pm
- Coaches and Officials Meeting
- Opening Ceremony & Safety Brief
- Commence Competition
- The competition will be conducted in accordance with United World Wrestling rules (https://unitedworldwrestling.org/)
- The tournament will be conducted under double-elimination line-bracketing rules where there are more than 5 competitors. This means that all those who lose one (1) match in the championship bracket (A) may be sent into the repêchage bracket (B) for a chance to compete for the bronze medal. Those who lose two (2) matches are eliminated from competition.
- All competitors are responsible for their own medical and physical fitness to wrestle and understand that the nature of the sport of wrestling involves some physical risks that can result in serious injury or death.
- All participants must adhere to the WWA Code of Conduct, Member Protection Policy and WAI Anti-Match Fixing Policy. The organizer has the right to disqualify competitors from competition in the event of rule or code of conduct breaches.
- The weight shown on the weighing scales at the time of the scheduled weigh in will be regarded as the official weight. Any weight check performed by an athlete prior to the official weigh in shall not be permitted to form the basis of a challenge to the official weigh in.
In the case the competing wrestler does not own a lycra unitard, the wrestler can wear:
- Shorts, in plain black colour.
- Short sleeved or sleeveless shirt, predominantly in red or blue colour. A wrestler must bring one of each colour.
- The shirt or top should be tight fitting.
- For females, the shirt must completely cover the breasts at all times.
- Clothing may not have metal components, zips or buttons.
- Open pockets are not permitted.
- Drawstrings must be concealed at all times
- Clothing must not have wording or design that is offensive or inappropriate.
- Underwear must not contain hard plastic or metal components.
- Wrestling boots must be worn
Below are the links for Wrestling WA Membership and Tournament Registration.
For further information contact Erica May at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0418 245 780.
WA State Wrestling Championships 2019
WA State Championships 2019
Herb Graham Recreation Centre
38 Ashbury Cres, Mirrabooka