12:00 – 17:00
Kingsway Christian College, 157 Kingsway, Darch, 6065
The ‘WA State Championships 2017′ competition is an open event.
- The ‘WA State Championships 2017′ competition is an open event. Any individual that is a financial member of Wrestling Western Australia (WWA) and Wrestling Australia Inc. (WAI) can enter.
- Competitors must be a 2017 current member of WWA, and WAI.
- New membership applications can be done online at (www.revolutionise.com.au/wwa/registration)
- Please ask your Coach to confirm your registration by e-mail to the WWA Board.
- Submit your registration and entry by the cut-off dates (see fees in Registration section below) to enable WWA membership approval prior to the event.
Weight – Age Categories (2 kg allowance)
- Weight classes (see table below) – 2kg weight tolerance allowed over the displayed weigh-age categories.
- Greco-Roman is permitted for male Cadets, Juniors, and Seniors.
- Wrestlers are to wear singlets to facilitate the medical inspections
Please ensure that you send in the correct weight categories with registration for the comp. No shifting of category or late entry will be considered on the day of the competition. If a wrestler does not make weight he/she will forfeit their matches and will only be allowed exhibition matches if and when available.
- Age submissions are to be based on the Year of Birth (i.e., turning the denoted age in this calendar year), and not the age at the time of the competition
- For Wrestling Clubs competing for the Peter Lawson Memorial Trophy, any registered entry that fails to show up on the day of the competition will cost his/her club 2 points.
- Wrestlers (or an adult their behalf where the wrestler is a < 18 yrs old) must register online.
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: Early bird discount registration fee of $20 will be accepted until 5pm on 10 November.
- Final Registration Deadline: Final Registration fee of $30 will be accepted until 11:59pm on 15 November.
- No registrations will be accepted after this time. The event is organized and run entirely by volunteers who operate in their free time to make it possible. Please respect this contribution by registering well before the cutoff time.
- Competition fees apply for each weight-age a wrestler wants to wrestle in (for example, if a wrestler wants to enter Junior and Senior, Freestyle and Greco-Roman competitions, then he/she must register and pay for each category – in this example, $20 X 4=$80).
- WWA Membership – All competitors must be 2017 WWA members (i.e., 2017 WWA Memberships fees paid for each Individual or Family memberships, and the completed WWA Membership Applications forms submitted to the WWA Board for review and approved, and approval by the WWA Board received by member). WAI membership is included in WWA membership fees.
- Annual WWA Membership fees: Individual Membership is $40, Family Membership is $70.
- Membership fees should be paid online.
- Medals or Certificates for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Program (Kingsway Christian College Sports Hall)
- All volunteers and tournament staff arrive.
- Tournament Check-in Registration Verification
- Medical Checks and Weigh Verification
- Coaches and Officials Meeting
- Opening Ceremony & Safety Brief
- Commence Competition
- The competition will be conducted in accordance with United World Wrestling rules (https://unitedworldwrestling.org/)
- The tournament will be conducted under double-elimination line-bracketing rules where there are more than 5 competitors. This means that all those who lose one (1) match in the championship bracket (A) may be sent into the repêchage bracket (B) for a chance to compete for the bronze medal. Those who lose two (2) matches are eliminated from competition.
- All competitors are responsible for their own medical and physical fitness to wrestle and understand that the nature of the sport of wrestling involves some physical risks that can result in serious injury or death.
- All participants must adhere to the WWA Code of Conduct, Member Protection Policy and WAI Anti-Match Fixing Policy. The organizer has the right to disqualify competitors from competition in the event of rule or code of conduct breaches.
- The weight shown on the weighing scales at the time of the scheduled weigh in will be regarded as the official weight. Any weight check performed by an athlete prior to the official weigh in shall not be permitted to form the basis of a challenge to the official weigh in.
For further information contact Erica May at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0418 245 780